Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

My partner jokes around with me but not in approate way and its geting me down he use my body
      To joke about with and he says to me are you laughting yet I said no because it’s not funny . I don’t understand what is funny useing my
      Body parts to joke about with . He says to me his just jokeing trying to make me laught it’s not right Touching me inappropriate places I did talk to him some time back to stop this he stop for a bit then started again . It’s not normal to joke around with me in this way . It makes me feel uneasy and anxious feeling emotional I feel my body is just a joke to him . Does anyone understand why his doing this ? When my partner is in pain or he feels depressed he also jokes around with my body to try and make him self feel better .he expect me to laught and when I dont he gets
      Angury sometimes huffing and puffing.

Camel
      Participant

Hi Rosemary

This is completely unacceptable behaviour. It doesn’t make any difference if he says it’s a joke or it’s because he’s not feeling good. What matters is how you feel about it, especially after you’ve told him how bad you feel.

This is abuse. Is this the only thing he does? Or can you tell us other ways he makes you feel bad or uncomfortable or numb?

Rosemary
      Participant

Hi Camel

Thank you for talking to me I wanted to make sure
      That was I was feeling was right which you said that what my parnter doing is abuse it is horrible
      He does this any time of day and night .
      He does make me feel uncomfortable in other ways as well when he comes to bed early he keeps me awake with huffing and puffing geting angry with him self he makeing me physically and mentally worn out of being tired .I cant even wash the plate up with out him abusing me and even walking around my house touching me inappropriate way .
      Its makeing me physically sick I dont now why it gives me tummy ake he said to me his been jokeing
      Around like this for years and I’ve not said anything to him that is because I was scared to
      Because his pushing me on the edge I told him but
      His not listening to me . I can’t get my head around it why his doing this to me . Even if I am sitting watching TV he would come over and start to abuseing me I feel anxious I just cant relax.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content