Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      lilbird
      Participant

Hi there. Had to meet child’s teacher today and my ex came along. Feeling very down because the meeting went very well and my ex took interest. Started thinking this evening of how much my ex is missing out on our child’s schooling. Our child is coming up to that age in ‘big’ school where he needs to make some important decisions. I’m so so sad that things went so wrong and am thinking what if…x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Lilbird,

Thank you for your post. I just wanted to show you some support and to let you know that how you are feeling is very normal and natural. Of course what you wanted was a happy family and it is only human to think what if.. but with an abuser that was never going to happen. If you can get to a point where you can both support your child safely and without arguments then that is great but just remember it is not your fault that things went ‘wrong’… it is his fault for being abusive and any thoughts that perhaps you could have tried harder etc are not relevant when with an abuser as ‘trying harder’ in an abusive relationship simply translates as ‘staying silent’…

You have done brilliantly and been so strong. Keep holding your head up high. We are all here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hello Lilbird

its so good to ‘see you’ again, on the new forum, but sorry to hear you have been worrying about this latest development. What Lisa said has really hit home to me about ‘trying harder’. There isn’t anything you could have done to change things to a happy way for yourself and your boy, you weren’t going to be able to make him unabusive. Look at everything he ruined if you can, all that he has thrown away despite all your efforts to have a better life.

Thank you for replying on my ‘Refuge’ thread. Sending you lots of warm (((hugs))) you really have come such a long way away from him, and sometimes these meetings can send us a long way back and revisiting of our self-doubts i think, but you were right in coming as far as you have come, away from him.

warmest wishes ks x*x

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

Yes u do feel low when we get in these scenario, but again hun he choose to mis treat u , its cause of him that u can not live together, dont start thinking of if things could of been better,u tried your best , if he can be sensible and guide your child in future that s good, but keep your distance yourself , never forget why u left

Savingmyself
      Participant

Hiya
      What ever hoops they want you to jump through its never enough for them
      Be safe and well and be so proud of your self for getting away from the abuse
      They do not change
      Big hugs xx

Confused123
      Participant

hi hope u feeling bit better today

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content