Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Hawthorn
      Participant

Just that. I’ve been out for months but still have financial ties to cut. He’s been sending the most hateful emails to my third party contact which they’ve only given me a little information about(at my request). It just hurts so much that someone I loved, and abandoned so much of myself for, now hates me so much. It’s scary too even though I’m far away now. Just wanted to disappear today. I’m doing all the self care things but I think just time needs to pass for me to feel better. Just wanted to share somewhere I knew people would understand. Thanks if you’ve read this x

Hetty
      Participant

Aw Hawthorn, I’m so sorry you’ve had a bad day. You’re always on here sharing such wisdom and strength for other women.
      I’m in the same place re untangling funicular matters. My ex (as expected) has been lying about cash etc. It made me sick to my stomach. The only thing that has kept me going is the knowledge he won’t get to share another precious minute of my life and while I get bothersome messages I can put my phone on silent. It does get to me a that there are these matters to sort out and it’s so hard not to bite back. Silence is power. I hope the end is in sight for you soon. This is the last hurdle, you’re on the home run. Much love. You’re not alone ❤️

Watersprite
      Participant

Hi Hawthorn My heart truly goes out to you. It sounds like that contact has flung you – right back. When that happens it’s difficult to get out of because it’s a part of our brain responding to the fear/freeze response. Lots of grounding helps bring you back breathing using your senses telling yourself you are safe now and above all this will pass. Remind yourself how far you have come. This is a response and it will pass although I’m totally with you sometimes it feels like it won’t – but it will. You are not alone x

Watersprite
      Participant

Oh and another thing it’s still really early early days – be gentle on yourself x

gettingtired
      Participant

Hey Hawthorn, I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had a bad day.
      You’re always so kind and supportive to others on this forum. I think you know yourself that it’s going to take time as you said. You’re so strong and aware though.
      I hope tomorrow is a better day for you 💗

Hawthorn
      Participant

Thanks ladies for your messages and kind words of support. I’ll get there x*x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content