Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bestchance07
      Participant

Hey all,

had a complete breakdown yesterday. Still no clarification on benefit entitlement on the flat I am moving into with the kids. Its stressing me out so much, my stomach feels like its constantly full of acid, I cannot sleep or eat. Its whirring round in my head about finances.
      On top of that I filled out a form for the tensncy agreement, and got to the question ‘next of kin’ Well now I have ended things with him, I have nobody left to put. No immediate family who could help in an emergency. If I was found dead in the property, who would need to know?! I ended up putting my best friend who lives in another part of the world entirely. She is an amazing lady, but I feel so lonely right now.
      And to top it all, he is now saying he refuses to sell the house until (detail removed by moderator) as he doesnt agree with the seperation!! I know its only money, but its quite alot of money.
      I feel I have taken 1 step forward and 2 massive leaps back.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Bestchance07,

I just wanted to offer some support as I can hear how stressed and exasperating things feel at the moment. It sounds like you are feeling very alone with what you’re going through and I imagine it’s such a lot to deal with.

It’s easier said than done but do try and look after yourself at the moment, it’s important to take things a day at a time and be kind to yourself through this. Do you have support from a domestic abuse worker at all?

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content