Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Had a very emotional weekend to the point I had no idea where this sadness had come from all of a sudden . Been away from my ex a few months thought I had accepted it was over , obviously I had been running on auto pilot these last few months , throwing myself into anything I could as I wouldn’t allow myself to think about him or the relationship, suddenly yesterday it hit me , it’s over ! The tears wouldn’t stop , I felt like I was in mourning again, I haven’t cried over him until yesterday. Met a lovely lady on here which you all are , who took the time again to listen to me in my warped crazy thinking of everything so I could feel at least more at peace with myself and finally accepting it’s over . The relationship that I had held so high , the years wasted on trying to be everything he had wanted was gone . I don’t know if I was in denial or what I had expected over the last few months , maybe I just thought in my head it wasn’t over as it had always been a boomerang relationship. This time I sense it’s final on both sides , and although i know I did the right thing for me , there’s the thought of it shouldn’t have been like that , it should of been wonderful, thought we were soul mates . Letting go of someone who meant the world to you , but was out to destroy mine . Very , very hard to call it a day on something you invested in long and hard especially when you love them , but that love was killing and destroying me as a person . You either stay and be tortured out of love or you walk away to find peace in your life , freedom, sense of normal x

Bananaboat
      Participant

We live in survival mode for so long we forget to/how to process all our emotions and can just pop one day. I hope you feel better today. x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Think this is exactly what happened to me , I didn’t realise this could happen, it was a shock for me to process these emotions. I’m starting to feel better now , Thankyou for your reassurance xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content