Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tryingtomoveonsafe
      Participant

Well it’s been emotional the last few weeks, highs lows and every emotion possible, I never thought I would actually start to feel human again, I feel I have finally started to see progress, the start of the week I was missing him really badly, he’s blocked me on everything which has made it so much easier, I’m still wondering whether he will stop the punishment and unblock me, but I’m in a place now where I don’t think I’ll be bothered, I’m so used to the block and unblocking game that it doesn’t actually punish me anymore, my feelings have totally subsided the more I talk to people and tell them the things he used to say to me, belittle me for his own personal gain, I’ve read so many peoples posts and there’s so many similar things he did to me that other women have said, it’s comforting to hear that I now know I was going insane or (detail removed by moderator) like he used to call me, obviously upsetting that other women have had to go through the same!
      I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel, I’m a long way away from being healed or to move on fully but I know I can do this and so can u all. I love this group and u ladies it’s really helping me x

Pinkvelvet
      Participant

So glad to hear that you are doing well and getting yourself sorted and powering through. Its really encouraging to hear other people overcoming abuse and starting to come out the other side. I’m a bit the same, I have good days and bad days but recently I’ve been feeling a bit better. Your post could’ve been written by me – it’s strange isn’t it the way we miss them really badly and then it’s like taking off the glasses again and feeling relieved. For me I think that’s part of the anxiety but it will settle eventually.

This group has been a lifesaver for me. It’s where I come to when I’m feeling awful and need the reassurance to know (like you) that I’m not crazy and this did really happen. It takes a while to sink in. The emotional abuse is complicated and confusing and some days it’s as clear as day to me what was going on, and other days it’s very blurred lines and trying to find ways to justify it. When I first left the relationship, I felt like I was doing okay, but then all of a sudden it just hit me and I felt like I wasn’t doing okay anymore. Partly because reality sunk in and I started to miss him, partly because we still had contact unfortunately (not something I can avoid at the minute sadly due to certain circumstances).

Just take each day as it comes and keep heading towards the end of the tunnel. We’ve got this 💕

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content