Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      PinkGiraffe
      Participant

Hello

I hope everyone is doing as well as possible in the situation that we find ourselves in.

(Detail removed by moderator) I left my husband (who I had been with for (detail removed by moderator)) who had been verbally abusing me for years. It took some time to realise the depth and impact of the abusive due to it being so covert. I am now living in a rental property (he is dragging his heels selling the house and obviously COVID has put a temporary holt to this) for which I am paying for, along with all childcare and paying him for my portion of the mortgage (less the CSA I would be entitled to).

I wanted to get on with divorce proceedings, so that I can really be free from him (although I understand with 2 children this isn’t totally possible) but again he kicked off about the content. I told him to file against me instead but he wouldn’t do that either.

I finally built up the courage to get the solicitor to submit the papers and now I am awaiting the next barrage of abuse….. because everything, in his view, is my fault.

The daily feelings of guilt after years of being conditioned to believe I am always wrong is taking it’s toll.

Sorry for the long post!

iliketea
      Participant

Sending you a pm. xx

Scottish Thistle
      Participant

Mine is dragging his heels too although I’m still in the house and he is out, you’d think he’d want rid of me now that he is in another relationship. He has been told to arrange collection f his final stuff in he house after stopping me In the street asking for them. He won’t agree contents of the house and telling lies to my solicitor to try and get me into some sort of trouble (always backfires on him though). We can’t do a separation agreement until this is sorted and can’t process divorce until the finances are sorted.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content