Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

After all this time, after not guilty verdicts and everything else, I finally received real recognition of the horrors he inflicted upon me. And I’m absolutely floored. I feel like sobbing for a week.

I never knew recognition could be so staggering…

KIP.
      Participant

Well done. Recognition is accountability. Another rollercoaster of emotions but it shows just how far you have come. Onwards and upwards x

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Excellent! Congrats, nice to hear about a little bit of justice after all you’ve been through . I’m sorry you’ve had to go through so much to get it, but obviously it was worth it. Stay strong, you’re an inspiration! Well done

Thank you both so much.
      I keep weeping on and off.
      Absolutely floored.

X*x

Confused123
      Participant

hey hun

i feel exactly the same , just let the tears out if they need to come out, u survived hun, i think more then anything we just need a massive hug and want to cry on someone shoujdler, the relief of the recognisation of what we went through is mind blowing , i think it shocks us too, sending u a massive hug

Ayanna
      Participant

Sending you hugs.

Thank you both.

It’s still not fully hit me, but Confused you’re absolutely right!

Sending hugs to you all cxx

White Rose
      Participant

That realisation that it has been recognised as real and not imagined after all the gas lighting is a huge relief.
      Smile and be happy x*x

lover of no contact
      Participant

It just shows abusers are not as Powerful as they (or we) think they are. They are not invincible as they lead everyone to believe and they believe themselves. Just because they think they are superior to everyone and above the law doesn’t make it so. That’s the illusion the abuser’s have. So delighted the consequences for his behaviour occurred and you have got validation. I remember your posts and your suffering at his hands.

Well done for hanging on in there and surviving despite all. Do something nice for yourself to celebrate you being such a strong and courageous person.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content