Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunshine
      Participant

I just want to say that I think the women on this site are amazing and our struggle is very real!

I have finally had enough and although I left some time ago and fought hard to keep my house (he abused me through lawyers to make me homeless) I now have reported him again for his abuse. It has been taken very serious now. He’s out on bail, I have had the marac meeting been done, have new security on my house and a panick alarm to carry about with me. A (detail removed by Moderator) order was given free to me today. Assess to my daughter has been stopped and I finally feel that after (detail removed by Moderator) of abuse I will be able to live my life like any women should be able too.
      I just want to say that yes it takes time and when you are ready you will have enough, stay strong and try and focus I have been through hell but when the abuse then started to threaten to kill me, do me in, through acid at me, permanently disfigure me I knew enough was enough! The abuse escalated and I knew I needed serious help! I know feel the most settled I can possibly be. I wish I had the strength to do it sooner but I always always didn’t want to make his life worse, I always felt guilty and put him before my needs every time. Not anymore x*x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Sunshine,

You are so brave for reporting him. Like you said it can take a long time but the most important thing is safety and being free of abuse.

After what you have endured you are still here and that is amazing.

Best Wishes

Lisa

Sunshine
      Participant

Thank you Lisa,

It’s early days but with what is now in place I feel am finally/hopefully safe to enjoy life with my daughter 🙂 my support worker from WA has also been a great support. Without her I would went back!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content