Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      iliketea
      Participant

Hi
      Has anyone had any experience of discussing financial abuse with banks? My solicitor is always steering me away from doing this but its come to the point where I can’t afford to pay the solicitor but still have the issue which has recently escalated to the point of us losing our home. Most of the banks are signed up to a code of conduct on domestic and financial abuse but was just wondering in practice how seriously they take it and can they really offer any assistance, and do they. Can they help? How open are they to helping?
      Thanks.

KIP.
      Participant

They have a vulnerable customer unit and I’ve heard positive results from discussions with them x I’d definitely approach them x

Watersprite
      Participant

I can’t actually give you any specific info as too identifying but YES a large bank absolutely helped it was a lengthy process and I had to provide evidence – court orders crime references and it took a while to get to speak to someone who helped but oh my they really did like the women on here and a few outstanding professionals it restored a little bit of my faith in others. Good luck

Watersprite
      Participant

And meant to say there is a surviving economic abuse website

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content