Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Whathaveidone
      Participant

So it’s been a while since I last posted where I think I talked about starting college last year. The year has flown by so quickly and I’ve just finished a complete set of first year exams! This is such an achievement for me in itself because the abuser that I was with for so many years preventing me from furthering my education and it was only this time last year that I had told the police everything – fast forward a year and I’ve done exams and preparing to apply to uni!!!

The exams were challenging but having gone through what I did, it has put things into perspective for me. I thought I would never get this opportunity but yet here I am doing what I love to do most, studying and educating myself on so many new interesting subjects.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Very well done Whathaveidone, this is a huge achievement! It’s inspiring for us to see other women who have experienced abuse moving forwards and achieving their goals. I think education and work are so empowering and something many abusers know this so they try to ruin for us, so it’s awesome when we can take our power back. My abusive ex got in the way of me completing a course I was doing halting my career progress. Thankfully the people that run the course were supportive when I told them what had been happening and have extended my access to it so I’m studying it at the moment whilst looking for work 🙂

Best of luck with your exciting new career, university is a great experience with so much to learn, interesting people to meet and social/hobby opportunities and you can enjoy all of this now without anyone trying to ruin it for you, enjoy xx

Whathaveidone
        Participant

Thank you SunshineRainflower. Glad to hear you’re also progressing with your course too. We won’t let them get in our way! I can’t wait till I start uni when I do – it’s been my lifelong dream.

Serenity
      Participant

Well done,

It shows what we can achieve when we are determined to rise above those parasites!

Congratulations! x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Congratulations WhathaveIdone,

That is a wonderful achievement and shows how we can progress onwards and upwards once we kick these abusers out of our lives.

Enjoy celebrating this weekend. And thanks for giving us hope in how our lives can progress for the better.

iwillbeok
      Participant

Congratulations whathaveidone – that’s fantastic!

Well done this is absolutely fantastic and inspiring 😊. You are shaping your future and I’m sure you will go from strength to strength to achievement to achievement the world is your oyster. Enjoy 😊😊😊😊 xxxx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content