Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Whosthatgirl
      Participant

So I CAN cook Christmas dinner and I CAN make a wonderful christmas for us without him. No atmosphere, no shouting. Just peace and love. Feel like i can breathe for the first time in years and can see the kids relaxing day by day .

KIP.
      Participant

Well done. It will only get better x happy Xmas

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Thanks Kip. You too xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Well done, enjoy the feeling đź’•

fizzylem
      Participant

It’s great isnt it – just how it should be – we dread it coming and think it will be awful without him for a long time, then when it comes its as you say – light, relaxed, the best kind of day. Good to read WTG – onwards! x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done. So delighted to hear you and the children don’t have to put up with the tension, walking on egg shells, drama and head-wrecking craziness when having an abuser in our midst. It’s the hardest thing ever (IMO) to get out of a cycle of abuse with an abuser so we’ll done for achieving this:)

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Thanks xx

thankgoodness
      Participant

Sounds like a great Christmas 🙂
      Christmas with no abuse, is the best.
      Last Christmas, I ignored my abusers. I ignored friends linked to my other abuser too because of trauma bonding issues similar to Stockholm syndrome. I said to myself, 2020 is the year for a fresh new beginning. I’m talking more on Women’s Aid and in other support groups. I’m sorting out my emotional health.

Take care xx

starqueen
      Participant

Last Christmas was a really positive change for me too. I felt ambivalent about Christmas for a good few years because although I’d see my best friend and a family member I loved a lot, I’d feel like I was walking on eggshells with another, watching what I said and how I reacted to them. Last year I went no contact and decided to do what I wanted for Christmas. It was wonderful, although sad in some ways because my loved family member wasn’t there to enjoy it with me. Being able to do what felt right for me with nobody to tell me I’m wrong, guilt trip me or start an argument with me was magic though.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content