Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Moon
      Participant

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for your posts and support on my last post.
      I feel like I can finally put something in this topic!

I’ve not spoken to him all wkend. Only replied to one tx and feel so much better for it. I know I should have listened to everyone earlier.
      Ive finally realised that I am worse when he is back into my head !!

He’s gone quite this wkend don’t know if that’s because I agreed to move back home or if he is just playing mind games …. But it’s been a nice wkend
      I had a meeting with my boss today and my work are being supportive and I finally feel like I can write a list of things to get done this week and start move on forward 😀

I been quite bad with my alcohol usage so tomorrow is a new day and I intend to tackle everything whilst I am feeling strong!
      I want to make the right decisions for me and my little girl.
      Just hope he doesn’t start again when he realises I haven’t moved home !

I can do this – I love feeling safe and not being hurt inside or out.

Xx 😀😀

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Moon

So pleased you had a good weekend. And quiet a few positives 🙂 Glad that works being understanding. Heres to a better future.

FS XX

Savingmyself
      Participant

Your shining bright moon xx

Moon
      Participant

I’m so going to do this !!!! Xx
      Hope I don’t let myself down again .
      I’ve done it though – he can’t get me !!
      Ahhhh feeling brave at mo xx

katielove
      Participant

That is fantastic! You are also starting to anticipate his next moves which means you must plan yours. If he phones – do not answer. If he texts – do not answer. Always leave it over night so you can think the next day: ‘What should I do?’

And you are not letting yourself down. You have got you and your daughter to a place of safety.

If stopping drinking is too hard in one go, cut it down day by day. Tomorrow is a new month, and a short one. Try to set a target for the end of it.

Lots of love and hope x x

Moon
      Participant

That’s good advice Katielove because I normally respond straight away – just what I’m conditioned to!

I’m meeting an alcohol support worker tomor as I want to get on top of this as alcohol has always been my coping mechanism.

We are so different since being in refuge – it feels right as long as I shut my ears to him !!

For the first time I can see a life after this for us ,
      A life that he is not going to take from me !! Xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

So good to hear u feeling stronger, getting that support in, don’t feel bad if u had one contact with him over weekend, look at positive u realized how he has negative impact on u, u realized how u need to stay away from him, this is part of the closure we need to see to get over them, if u feel u r drinking too much get support with that too, u doing so well, so proud of u hun, u can do this

Moon
      Participant

Thank you so much for those encouraging words, I finally feel that I can look forward and begin to enjoy life again xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content