Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Peonylove
      Participant

So this is my first weekend alone since we split and I can see it’s going to be a long one. I have very little planned, my close friends are busy with their own lives and because my circle is so small I don’t have that many people to do things with. I know you’ll all tell me to enjoy this alone time and focus on myself but I really don’t want that, or at least to hear that. I keep thinking about him and what we could be doing…lazy morning in bed, walking the dog, eating out, planning our summer. It all feels hopeless, lonely and sad today. Do I wallow in it or do I need a kick up the backside??xx

Bananaboat
      Participant

Key here is ‘what you could be doing’ but is that what you would actually have been doing? Not on the good days but on the days when he was nasty.

Social media makes us think weekends should be friends, parties and events but most aren’t. So this one is quiet, it doesn’t mean they all will be, plus peace after the madness of abuse is something to savour initially xx

Hazydayz
        Participant

I love your Comforting and wise words Banaboat👍 That’s great support 💞

Hazydayz
      Participant

I’m sorry your feeling it today Peonylove, how about a spot of sunshine outdoors with me, under that blue sky🌤️🛩️
      Not a wallow or a kick up the backside!

Hazydayz
      Participant

P s. Another idea!
      You could always… If you prefer? Enjoy a lazy morning in bed tomorrow, walk the dog, eat out afterwards while skipping through the summer edition of local events
      & what’s on?
      Why don’t you?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content