Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Stuck in The mud
      Participant

Hi everyone, nice sunny summers day I’m home alone as usual sorting my garden when from a house on my road an enormous argument erupts within a family , I can’t see anything but can hear lots of shouting , physical fighting between men , screaming, glass breaking and banging that sounds like the house being smashed up .A neighbour shouted ive phoned the police.I jumped , was scary and I had a panic attack with tears but no noise , I felt sick , managed to get in the house , shut the door and windows so I couldn’t hear. I’m not feeling great tbh .I’m trying not to but it’s made me think of what I went through and different incidents that happened over the years . I feel anxious now . Is this how anyone else has reacted to a similar experience? I probably do have ptsd after living on eggshells for most of my adult life

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yeah, when there’s groups of men in the street drunk and leary, when people say the names of my abusers (when they’re speaking about someone else) or when people mention the area where my abusers lived I feel sick then, i also get teary during gaeny types of exams now and im more weary of people in general since (I don’t think ptsd/triggers leave us completely) but we just kinda learn to just carry on with things, you ok now?🤗💕💕

Stuck in The mud
      Participant

Thanks Auriel it’s knocked me tbh I’m a bit teary and have a banging headache from the incident but reflecting I’m thankful it doesn’t happen to me anymore , I’m not totally convinced I won’t see my abuser at some point which makes me anxious too .I need to move away from the house that has bad memories trapped everywhere, thanks for your support x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anytime, moving is a good idea, new people new memories all fresh (our past memories ones wont just disappear) but it might be nice for new 🤗💙🤗

nbumblebee
      Participant

Im still here but yeah i can relate too When i was raped i believe i was drugged or spiked as ny memory has always been hazy not the pain i remember that just the bits inbeteween a few monthd ago i somehow got so drunk with my not so nice husband that i have no memory of our night at all and he tells me i did things that i wouldnt normally do. Im not saying at all he spiked me i dont eat well so maybe thats why but for whatever reason i got drunk and now it has shaken me to my core. Actually i wont drink now. I feel sick at the thought i shake and wanna cry so yeah i get it. Must have been really horrible for you. Take time to calm down pop in some headphones maybe relaxing music or meditation or a podcast just to calm your mind of bad thoughts. Sending hugs xxxx

Stuck in The mud
      Participant

Thanks Auriel , yes I definitely need to move , too many reminders and fear I will see him if he visits local friends !

Stuck in The mud
      Participant

numbumblebee : You’ve had a horrific experience sorry that happened to you . I believe my soft drink was spiked once , with what I don’t know but I was violently sick after drinking it , had sweats and felt light headed ! I don’t drink alcohol as he was an alcoholic and it completely turned me against alcohol! (detail removed by Moderator) headphones bring their own issues but I do use them when I walk along my street as his friends live there and comments have been made towards me because of the vile smear campaign he started against me after he was arrested for assaulting me.
      It’s an ongoing process for us all people assume he’s gone so it’s over ! Don’t think it ever can be in your head we just have to use coping skills to move forward positively x

herewegoagain
      Participant

I hope your feeling ok now..

I too had an episode this week …I (detail removed by Moderator) out my ex lives in another country BUT my young adult son grabbed me by the wrist and frog marched me out of his room because I went in to (detail removed by Moderator)… I was suddenly right back there tears stinging my eyes

What the F*CK…totally unacceptable behaviour…trying to deal with it and make him understand you can’t treat ANY woman this way…:(

Stuck in The mud
      Participant

That’s sad Herewegoagain , we have the problem of our children seeing & hearing the abuse we tolerated sometimes they’ll go down that path .I would suggest you get some counsilling for your son over what happened to you so he can understand it’s not how life is x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content