Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Confused123
      Participant

I always thought I was quite lucky as my flashback were never that bad, but last two nights I just have flashbacks of how he used to beat me , treat me bad and people around me having blind eye , u just wake up feeling c**p and try to focus on other things but flash backs seem to go deeper , it’s like I’m trying to find answer from them, I’ve just got feeling I’m in for some more horrible news, my body trying to tell me something , but I don’t know what , have just had 2 hour sleep during day which is never like me and know I feel worser on edge cause if these flash bks,has anybody had flash bks a year on after leaving

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Confused123

Hope your feeling better.

Our minds have kept them hidden from us and now they come out so we can face it and put it in order. I went through a flashback of a rape recently that was over two decades ago, I went through the whole day before the event. He hasn’t touched me in years, but I am still in the same property so its not the same as you.

Oh lovely,how awful for you. Flashbacks can be so scary and debilitating.

Mine started when I fled to a refuve – a year after I’d left the relationship.

My counsellor gave me a tip to try, and it’s to ground yourself. So run thriugh your 5 senses, out loud if need be, say to yourself –

What can I hear? What can I see? What can i smell? What can i taste? What can I feel?

I found it really helped me, maybe it’ll help you too? Xx

Sally123
      Participant

I get them four years on…at the most random of times. I avoid anything that might spark one. 🙁

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content