Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      iliketea
      Participant

Today was a Difficult Day,” said Pooh.

There was a pause.

“Do you want to talk about it?” asked Piglet.

“No,” said Pooh after a bit. “No, I don’t think I do.”

“That’s okay,” said Piglet, and he came and sat beside his friend.

“What are you doing?” asked Pooh.

“Nothing, really,” said Piglet. “Only, I know what Difficult Days are like. I quite often don’t feel like talking about it on my Difficult Days either.

“But goodness,” continued Piglet, “Difficult Days are so much easier when you know you’ve got someone there for you. And I’ll always be here for you, Pooh.”

And as Pooh sat there, working through in his head his Difficult Day, while the solid, reliable Piglet sat next to him quietly, swinging his little legs…he thought that his best friend had never been more right.”

————————————————————————-
      Just to let you know there will always be someone here on the forum to be there to help you through your Difficult Day. Stay patient, someone will be along soon to sit next you.xx

Escapee
      Participant

❤️

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have another little story, too……Two little kids sitting on a park bench silently and looking very sad. A man walks up and asks – are you two okay? One little boy speaks and says – “We” have a pain in Bobby’s stomach.

Sometimes in life things happen in waves and it’s useful to get above the fray and go up somewhere higher up, whether in our heads or physically to just sit and not be so close in to whatever situation. We can get so blinded by it all. But a good military strategist always knows you have to back off and survey things to get a clear picture. Also when in the thick of it we act on emotion many times instead of using reason and logic. Abusive people know this one like the back of their hand, it’s instinctive in them. So they keep you embroiled in all the little nasty stuff, spinning you around and crazymaking so you don’t know up from down. The more you are reacting instead of responding the more off your guard you are and weak.

So there you sit thinking about the last thing said, last thing done, reeling in all of it but when you survey it all from a different perspective that isn’t close in – then you see the patterns and the outcomes and you think to yourself….hm,m,m,m…..well isn’t that interesting? The more you see and the more you learn, the easier it is to wiggle out of the spiderweb and go – eh, not interested anymore. Doesn’t suit me, doesn’t serve me to be treated like I am dirt on someone’s shoe.

Headspinning
      Participant

This is just what I needed to read today – thank you. We all need a piglet! X

iliketea
      Participant

Bumping xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

X*x

Chasingrainbows
      Participant

Thank you, that helped me just before bed! X

Hazydayz
      Participant

I need a piglet friend right now, but they don’t exist do they😢

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content