Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi All,
      Hope your all coping as best you can..
      I’m going to leave in about 10 days.. sounds a weird amount of time, but trying to work everything out..
      I’m am full ad severe anxiety to the point I can’t breathe..But I’m so excited at the same time..
      Been to the flat, or rather what’s going to be my new home..
      I’ve not got enough money to get my car fixed( the one he wanted to sell) but I have it to my sister so he couldn’t..
      I’ll have to take his car, don’t want to cuz I’ll have to bring it back but otherwise I can’t get out..
      He shouts to wake me up, and this morning I thought I was going to have a heart attack as he made me jump so much..
      I can see virtually every bit of abuse everytime it happens..
      On coronation street, he sat watching it not mentioning anything else on the show except he was a bully..
      Then he said one of his customers has suffered DV and she shook when men go in the house..He had the nerve to say she felt calm while he was there.. if only she knew..
      Hugs x*x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done Woolly that is fantastic news. You are doing so well to get this organized after all you’re dealing with. Of course you’ll be anxious that’s normal so keep posting here for support.

Escapee
      Participant

I was just checking in on the forum but when I saw your post I had to log in and post!!!

Well done you!!! 💕 This is huge, amazing, wonderful news!!

You have been and are dealing with so much and yet you’ve found the strength to organise all this!! I’m doing a little happy jig just for you 💃.

You are a superwoman amongst superwomen!!

Keep safe, keep posting and hang on to that excited feeling!

Love, hugs and extra strength x*x

Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi loverofnocontact and Escapee..
      You lift my spirits, thank you.. have a warm feeling when you all answer and gives me more encouragement..
      I’m going to definately need your support even more.. sending hugs..

X*x

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely well done. If you have to take his car then get your sister to return it or park somewhere nearby and get her to take the keys back. Once you’ve gone it’s important to keep zero contact. Yes it’s terrifying but that’s his voice in your head, not yours. The waiting and indecision is anxiety inducing. Of you get the chance to leave sooner and maybe stay with your sister. I’d leave when the feeling takes you x seize the moment x

Woollymammal
      Participant

Thank you kip… I don’t want to take his car, unfortunately I’d have to bring it bk.. don’t know how yet..my sister doesn’t drive ..couldn’t leave earlier as my sister only lives up the road…
      (Detail removed by moderator) I went to a new counsellor for bereavement.. up the town.. when I got bk he said why have they changed where u go.. I said it’s a new one… he said so you’ll be going every week now.. I said yes.. he was not pleased..
      He should be encouraging me to go to bereavement counselling.. but I suppose that’s a normal relationship..
      I’m sick of not even being acknowledged when I talk.. it’s like I don’t exist.. I coukd scream at him and say answer me!!
      Rant over sorry..
      X*x

KIP.
      Participant

Abusers work against us. They don’t want us to get stronger and become independent. Just keep concentrating on you. You don’t need his input or validation. Once you’ve moved then dump his car near him and gat your sister to tell him where it is. I just worry it’s a hook for him. They like to keep hooks in us. Ready to reel us back in. Better to detach all emotional and mental hooks and the physical ones. You don’t want to have to have any contact with him. As you know his contact is toxic. Don’t expect any support from him in any way. They work against us. Very sad but they lack empathy and are very very shallow and insecure. You will thrive without him. We are everything without them, they are nothing without us x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content