Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      resilient
      Participant

i remember learning somewhere, the phrase about eating an elephant, little by little. this resonated with me. i grew up with familial abuse and believed i would not amount to anything. i saw no future for me. how i was treated, was how i expected everyone else to treat me. i met people who did just that, even worse. i believed i was a burden. this took some time to change and it has not been easy. sometimes i relapse and can be hard on myself but i remind myself that it is a part of recovery. however, i also met people whose kindness brought me to tears. i imagine i am still yet to meet such people. the world is no longer a grey place. there are people that understand. i can support those, who have endured like me. i am independent and taking steps, steps that scare me. steps to protect myself and child. to better our lives. this time, a couple of years ago, i would never have imagined myself where i am now. the friends i would gain and lose. the achievements i have made.
      sending positivity to all of you *

KIP.
      Participant

I too like that saying, how do you eat an elephant, one teaspoon at a time lol. It’s good to read your positive post and that your moving forward. That can be difficult on its own. I’ve learned a lot through counselling and core beliefs. We all deserve to be respected and anyone who doesn’t agree can just keep 🚶‍♂️ walking x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Yes, jog on, to them! it

Lovely to hear all your positive steps and thoughts.

KOKO

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi resilient I love your sweet post and your name. It’s inspiring to see how you can grow into someone’s who is positive and full of possibilties despite your abusive experience. Thanks for sharing your journey😌💞 resilient indeed 😃 Keep going

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content