Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Eggshells
      Participant

Hi all,

Quite a lot has happened recently. I have finally gone non-contact but this meant loosing my job and leaving the area. I’ve been living with family for the last few weeks.

I’ve just been offered the job of my dreams. It’s temporary but for a decent amount of time and who knows what it will lead to.

It means that I can now find a rental property and have one of my children living with me. I’ll be independent with no-one to answer to but me.

For all you over 50’s who have spent decades in an abusive relationship, this is proof that you can live independently.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

Hazydayz
      Participant

Enjoy your new ife Eggshells you deserve the happiness. Good luck finding your happy home 💞

iliketea
      Participant

Oh wow! Massive congratulations!! You’re a Wonder Woman you’ve been single handedly replying to people’s posts on here all this time you had big stuff going on for you!!!
      Exciting news. Well done. Bask in that light, you deserve it. It’s Karma, you’re kind and life has repaid that kindness. Xx

Lottieblue
      Participant

Oh Eggshells that is wonderful!
      Thank you for sharing, and encouraging. I am genuinely so happy for you x*x

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Brilliant news 😁

Eggshells
      Participant

Thank you ladies.

@Iliketea
      , I think we’re all wonder women. Whatever our situations at the moment, whether we are ou the of the relationship or in, we’re all survivors. We all know that this makes us something very special. I loved your description of your the happy home you have now. It gives everyone hope. 💕

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content