Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Greyskydarkdays
      Participant

I have a few diploma’s passed a few courses over the years to have something good for me, never actually followed threw with anything, not because I don’t want to, but I find I don’t no how to talk to people, when I passed my last course (detail removed by moderator) I was so pleased as I’ve been working towards this but I feel so small talking to ohther women, it will be something I plan to take up after Christmas and after I’m free of my relationship, but I have no confidence in what I do, no knowledge of how to make small talk and be comfortable in what I’m doing, I get so anxious about it that I can’t think strate then I mess up and get confused with what I’m doing, I really would love to be successful one day, but I feel as tho my inner me is scared, I don’t no how to overcome my fear of people

duvetday
      Participant

Hey Greyskydarkdays,
      Sorry to hear you feel this way. I can really relate. I have such low self esteem and confidence and get really anxious around people. I’m sure you will get there and slowly build your confidence up. Even tho I haven’t experienced this yet, there are other women who have posted really positive and inspiring stories of them finding themselves and having confidence to do different things. You will get there. Also, well done on your courses, that’s great 🙂 x

Greyskydarkdays
      Participant

I hope that one day you can find yourself, and take back your life, as you deserve that,I just have a feeling of being lost and alone, no friends I have a good family but don’t want to burden them with all my problems, I have taken my children to school everyday for years and still stand alone in the playground at home time, I don’t want to get excited about anything then realise he’s right I am useless after all, so I just keep myself to myself, but if I want to come out of this and have something for me when I do it would be nice to try and intergrate myself in my community somehow, maybe it’s to soon, maybe I should concentrate on my freedom first.

duvetday
        Participant

Hey, you deserve it too 🙂 and I promise you are not useless! The fact that you are surviving being in an abusive relationship means you will have a massive amount of strength, courage and resilience 🙂 not to mention your diplomas, looking after your kids and I’m sure you have loads of other strengths besides that. I’m sure that as your confidence builds you will make some friends. I’m sorry you are feeling lost and alone..I really know that feeling and it’s beyond horrible. It won’t be forever tho (have to tell myself this too!) x

Greyskydarkdays
      Participant

Thank you for your kind words, this group really helps a lot

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

EXIT SITE

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content