Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m being pulled into a meeting with SS. I know its because I said no to something my ex wanted.

He’s shinier than a very shiny thing and I’m obviously dirt. How dare I suggest that my ex wants anything but the best for me and the lo.

Every time the authorities fail me I have to pick myself up and put myself back together again. How much longer is this going to go on for, and why do I have to add it to the mile-long list of things I am already afraid of?

diymum@1
      Participant

have you put pen to paper and made a list of all of the things that have happened? have you voiced your fears to your GP etc? there might be a pattern emerging and then you can support what hes doing with the evidence. Him involving ss for no good reason really isnt very good for the childrens well being. i wish ss could see this as you hear this all the time the way men scew the truth xx

Hopingforpeace
      Participant

Noonespecial I understand how you feel. Dealing with SS when they don’t understand domestic abuse is very distressing. Just be factual and keep emotion and your thoughts out of it. Always focus on your child/children, don’t be drawn into commenting on your ex unless you have evidence to back it up. Then still be very careful how you put it across, never state how you feel. When they write things that aren’t correct, write back and state what isn’t correct and say why. Hope that helps. Please message me if you would like to.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

(Link to YouTube blog removed by moderator) went through custody batlles for her chidlren and won. She’s got some good insight on how to deal with ss and courts, how to play the game in order to win. Hope this helps a little.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m going to try to remain as calm and factual as I can. I have no proof because I tried to keep it secret from lo next door and I couldn’t let the doctors look at the damage down there. Still trying to get up the nerve to ask for me to be fixed years later.

I didn’t take notes at the time because he read everything I wrote when I was with him, letters, diaries, emails etc.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content