Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi everyone, it’s me IWMB and girls I AM SO BACK๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž
      It’s been ages since I last wrote on here, had some internet issues, then life after abuse got in the way. I am living my life as much as I can to the fullest. I am at target weight, I’m back at Pilates, back on the political campaign trail, am looking into cross party talks to legislate new laws re DA. Will do that more in a few months or so. I’ve completed a DA course with my local WA group. I’m going to an arts and craft class run by WA too. I’m going to meet up with my sister soon who lives abroad but will be in the uk soon. Who knows I may be able to visit her soon too in her own country. Well I will once I can get a Scottish passport๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ. I’ve been to a few concerts and gone out with my cousin a few times too, who I’ve never been out with as an adult. It’s not easy, there are days I just get through the day, sleep evades me every night, I’m pretty OCD now as I couldn’t keep house the way I wanted to before for fear of moving his things. I eat when I want what I want. I have a bath at 1am cos I can. I still have some contact, circumstances dictate for now. But soon I will be totally free and will just have to learn to let go of the ‘good times’. I’ve been getting so many compliments from women I know, which is so nice. I think if a man did that I’d be thinking, aye right then! My health and mental health isn’t the best, but I do feel in the whole lighter and happier. I can dream again, whereas before I never thought any further than getting through the day.
      Take heart, one day society will be rid of this curse.
      #21stcenturysuffragettes IWMB ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

HunkyDory
      Participant

Good for you girl! You sound like youโ€™re in a good place – keep moving onward and upward. Your post made me smile from ear to ear, well done you ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ช xx

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi Iwantmeback,

I often wondered how you were so great to hear from you and how well youโ€™re doing. Iโ€™m so glad youโ€™re free and out of the cycle of abuse. You show it can be done we can break free if we persist and just keep posting and reading the posts. You were like me and just couldnโ€™t leave. In my case I couldnโ€™t leave my relationship but by getting support from a group like this one , I started to change and luckily he discarded me. In your case you came on here to this Forum day after day for ages ; and eventually your persistence and hard work of posting and reading other posts daily paid off ; and you got the strength to leave ; putting a plan in place.

Well done! Iโ€™m so delighted for you. Youโ€™ll go from strength to strength!

Iwantmeback
      Participant

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’ to each and every lady who talked to me, listened to me and supported me. My love for females knows no bounds. I’ve been having seriously deep and meaningful conversations with myself for weeks, as many of us no doubt have and do. I’ve decided I no longer want to be classed as a woman. Bear with me๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”.
      It all started with reading up on ‘cis’gender, which for those who don’t know means those who don’t identify as trans! Now straight away I got in my high horse but the more I thought about it, this lead me to my next thoughts.
      I’ve been watching the third series of ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’. One episode in particular resonated with me so strongly, I was hysterically sobbing watching it. It was maybe the 4th episode where the Handmaids who lived in Washington ‘chose’ to ring their mouths closed to show their ‘devotion’ to God. All I could think of was how my voice would be forever silenced if I ‘chose’ to return. The whole series from start to finish has been very thought provoking, with or without abusive partners thrown into the mix. The Handmaidens lose their names, their right to work, to have their own money, they become property, they take their masters name, OfJoseph, OfFred and it made me think how the word woman came about… When God took a rib from Adam and made Eve, of man became woman. So on that note I am no longer happy being called a woman, being a human being is good enough for me. Told you I thought too deeply๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
      IWMB ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž
      Bet you all wished I’d stayed silent. ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™ˆ

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

It’s good to hear from you IWMB. I remember you were a great support for me when I first came on this forum. It makes me really happy to read how well you are doing – and I’m going to say you are such a strong human being ๐Ÿ˜‰ It’s your time now and you get to do fill it with whatever makes you feel good. Keep going and please do keep popping in once in a while x It’s so good to read these updates x

LozzyX
      Participant

So do pleased for you IWMB, you’re an inspiration. For me, I have regressed a bit , sort of got sucked in again but my heart isn’t in it …. (detail removed by moderator) I absolutely flipped at him , I feel slightly bad about it but I gave to accept that the venom I spouted was truly deep down my anger, hurt and feelings I didn’t have guys to express before and was also partly for protection (threatened calling police should he ever make me feel unsafe I. Own home again!)

So today feeling rather low but was so uplifting to see your post….I might not have the energy to leave today but I will very soon and I will take so much learning from you , I know it’s time I get outside support now it’s so hard to do it alone! Xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hey sweetheart so nice to hear from you, you seem to be doing well enjoying your new found freedom & independence. Keep going ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Lozzy, sending you plenty of strength girl, take it one step at the time, each step will lead you closer to freedom ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ช

Woollymammal
      Participant

IWMB
      I’ve just been scrolling through some of the posts and just saw your one when you returned to us..
      I’m over joyed your strength is helping your through..
      You and the other ladies are my strength when I start to weakon..
      Welcome back…
      Maybe one day we could all meet up..
      Sending hugs x*x

Fudgecake
      Participant

So glad to hear you’re settling into your new found freedom and enjoying being you again.
      Stay focused on your hard earnt freedom and live life to its fullest. Sending warm wishes your way xx.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ยฉ 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England โ€“ Womenโ€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenโ€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions โ”‚ Privacy & cookie policy โ”‚ Site map โ”‚ Protect yourself onlineโ”‚ Mediaย โ”‚ย Jobs โ”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content