Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

So we all were round my relatives house and u went in the garden to chat to my sibilings. I get back to the lounge to find him give me that horrible look of disaprovable and I’m in trouble. So I try to talk to him and he ignores me for a few minutes pretending to be concentrating on his phone. Then eventually he just answers like normal. I know he was doing it on purpose. It makes me feel like I can’t talk to anyone without him right next to me.
      When we got home it was like ” what were you talking about, what did they say about me etc” it’s draining. Surely this isn’t normal. Plus my eldest son was there I could tell he was looking at dad wondering why he wasn’t answering me.

Ariel
      Participant

When I read this back it looks small and petty. But it gives me that feeling on cold in my stomach and my legs feel weak and shaky.
      I wish I wasn’t in this life. Sometimes I think what did I do to deserve all thus s**t. And he can’t see any of it. Or can he? And he’s just playing me along so he’s not alone….

Tiffany
      Participant

It doesn’t sound small and petty. It sounds horrific and controlling. Whether he is doing it consciously or whether controlling you is just a habit to him now is questionable, but it sounds like an awful situation to be in. Have you called women’s aid yet? They are really useful people to talk to as they understand these dynamics and can help you with routes forward.

teatime
      Participant

No they all do the ‘look’. Because they are all the flipping same.
      Sick fantasists who try to control you.
      Please do ring the helpline

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content