Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

With the guy I were seeing. Telling me he loved me in the first few weeks. Obsessively ringing and texting. He were full of good intentions at first. We’re going to play football but never did. Promised to help with garden never did. But did other people’s because he got paid. It were all about him. Basically ramming his daughter down my throat sending me pictures of his daughter in the first few weeks wanting me to get a bond with her overnight. But no real interest in my boys. He were always wondering who were on the phone saying I’m never of it. Me and my friend were planning to go to a spar he said why do u have to plan it she’s messing u about let her do it. He were all take I’d nothing to gain from being with him. All because he spun a few sweet words x*x

KIP.
      Participant

Good for you. Stronger and wiser X

Pay NO ATTENTION to words in person or text/email etc. Its how they act that counts. There is a thread on here now called Actions Speak Louder than Words that you might like. X*X (it sounds like that man were just looking for a potential step mum for his daughter or someone to take the onus off of him being a responsible parent).

betterdays
      Participant

Hi health archive it’s right actions do speaknlouder than words. He were all talk and full of good intentions but showed me nothing. I can’t have a man like that x

lover of no contact
      Participant

I’m very susceptible to the sweet words, or attention from a man I find attractive. The red flag is glaring at me about them but my feelings seem to rear up a bit like when I’ve had contact with an abuser, my mind and emotions go all over the place. But thanks to regularly keeping in touch with this Forum and staying ‘aware’. I can let my head rule my heart. I can let my head rule my emotions and make better choices.

I too certainly can do without a man with Red Flags in my life..even if they know how to push my buttons and pay me attention, be gentlemanly, show me respect etc.

I find ‘Amy Young’ on youtube very good for healthy advice on dating and relationships and letting go of men with red flags.

Well done betterdays, definitely stronger and wiser

Savingmyself
      Participant

Hiya better days
      Well done for acting on the red flags , you should be very proud of you. moving forward I am definitely going to not watch what is said but what is done
      My abuser was future faking to keep me he was always talking about what we were going to do in the future
      They are n**********c it’s all about them
      Big hugs X*x

Serenity
      Participant

Well done for seeing the red flags and for being so strong.

You should be proud of how far you’ve come. xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content