Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      beachbum
      Participant

It’s coming up to (detail removed by moderator) that I managed to finish things once and for all with my ex boyfriend, even though he likes to try and claw his way back into my life occasionally. I have blocked him on all social media and his number is blocked on my phone, but it seems he’s got a new number and managed to contact me (detail removed by moderator). I had heard from a mutual friend that he had been arrested and released (detail removed by moderator). He has been in custody and court a few times before for fights and assault and such, but has only ever gotten community service or warnings. Turns out he’s in court (detail removed by moderator) and genuinely believes that he is going to prison and has asked to meet me, just to talk. We haven’t spoke for months and it makes it easy not to bump into each other as since the break up I have moved (detail removed by moderator) miles away. I’m torn, he once meant so much to me and what he did to me has helped me grow into such a strong person. Part of me wants to say that to him, to tell him that I don’t need him and that I’m so angry, I want to tell him what he did to me and what an awful person he is but on the other hand I don’t know if I’m strong enough to, but then will it be good closure? I’m really confused and I feel like even now, almost a year later he’s still affecting me. Do I meet with him or not? And if I was to meet with him do I be angry or do I be honest, I don’t know what to do.

Any advice welcome
      x*x

diymum@1
      Participant

If in doubt do nothing, I would be a mistake to ho to meet him because he will use this opportunity to hoover you back in, he will make you feel sorry for him xx 💕 💕 try to stay strong staying away is the hardest part of this but it gets easier, you’ll eventually not give him a second thought, it does take time but hang in there xx luv diymum 💪💕💕

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, please do not meet him. Remember the reasons why you blocked him in the first place. You will never ever get closure from him. He’s a violent man facing jail because he cannot control his temper. Do not go near him. He’s no longer your responsibility and the best closure you will ever get is to take back control. Block him again and report any further contact to the police. Have you received counselling? It sounds like you’re still affected very much by the trauma he has left you with. Please also tell any mutual friends that you do not wish to hear about him and be dragged back into his dysfunction abusive world. Absolutely zero contact is the only way forward x

Bleedingheart
      Participant

I totally understand where you’re coming from,I’ve considered emailing my ex monster to tell him exactly what a vile loveless creature he is,and to tell him he hasn’t won,he hasn’t broken me and I’ll be the one who ends up happy…..but it’s a terrible idea,it would open up a whole can of worms. I’ve been there a few times before,thrown him out then met for a chat and the whole cycle started again. Giving them any attention,even negative attention,just feeds them and gives them power. It’s better to let them believe that we don’t give them a second thought. Just stay strong and block him from your new number. 💓

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content