Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Happiermex
      Participant

Hello, I’d just like to leave something positive on here along with everything else I post..
      I’m now having moments where I look in the mirror and feel enough! I feel like a woman and not so run down and the life sucked out of me. I’m heading for better times and I can’t wait! The bad days are still there now and then but the good days are amazing! I’m singing I’m dancing I’m feeling good!

KIP.
      Participant

💕enjoy and breathe them in x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

What a lovely post. That’s one of the things I struggle with is looking at me, all of me in the mirror. But it’s getting better. 💞💞

Happiermex
      Participant

It will get better, I think what Iv learnt is it HAS to get better no matter the pain or the yearning for them the days still pass and we go through it no matter what. We can’t stop it but then we also can’t stop the progress! I enjoy every second of the good days and take in as much as I can.. and the bad days I just ride them out and remind myself these aren’t forever! X

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

This is so good to read. And so true too. Progress doesn’t stop, not even on bad days, we still move forward. So pleased you are able to look at yourself. 💕

Eggshells
      Participant

Fantastic Happiermex! It sounds like you enjoy every precious happy moment for what it is. Thank you for sharing it with us. This is exactly the sort of post I wanted to read before I left. It’s the sort of post that can give women the courage and hope they need. x*x

Happiermex
      Participant

Thank you everyone. It’s been around (detail removed by moderator) weeks out now and the crying has stopped Iv laughed a lot more and I’m doing my house up bit by bit so it feels like my own again, it’s one of the hardest things Iv had to do.. but I think we also forget when things get calm to appreciate that atmosphere and the calm feeling. I still have moments I miss him and feel like I still love him BUT I remind myself it’s because it was real to me, it’s not something to be ashamed of… but I know I would never go back. It’s one huge headache and heartbreak. No good will ever come from that. I feel so diff and look at myself like I am enough maybe not for him but that’s one person out of the whole world. And actually I’m ok with that, I will fight through thoughs slight moments I miss him or feel love for him and fight for myself. Happiness is more than enough even on my own with positive people around me. Good friends, family Iv had a promotion in work! Things just seem so much more positive. So being single doesn’t scare me at all. Life is for living! We only get one shot! Choose u ladies xx

Kitkat44
      Participant

This is so fabulous to read, well done and keep smiling.
      Xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Congratulations on your promotion, that’s brilliant news to hear. 💞💞

Escapee
      Participant

What a lovely post to read over coffee in the sunshine! I am so pleased for you ❤️

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Congrats on your promotion, wow, well done!!yes! 👍

Happiermex
      Participant

Thank you all. I still have my bad days don’t get me wrong, I still miss him some days. But I remind my self I’m just missing the perception I have in my head of him an to battle through as tomorrow’s another day. If anyone wants to chat I’m always avalible I know how hard it is and heart breaking, if hate for anyone to feel they were alone. My best friend has also been in a situation where she has had to escape from (detail removed by moderator) with her children from a abusive relashionship and had a huge battle to keep her children! I will always help where I can xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Happiermex, it’s lovely to hear from you. It’s good to remind each other that there’s life afterwards and that yes it is difficult at times. That there is no utopia, but it’s better than living with abuse. that life without abuse has its obstacles also.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

Headspinning
      Participant

Lovely post!!
      I am the same as you – out of the relationship and now having more good days than bad. I ordered a load of framed photos of my and the kids, and nice scenic places that make me happy, to put on the walls to replace ones with him.
      I bought some plants today at the supermarket and planted them in pots at the door.
      I’m making dinner for my and my kids now (something he would never have ate so gas been off the menu for years!)
      We miss the relationship we thought we were going to have, not the one we were actually having. Yes – I still have my down moments and I still have lots of unanswered questions – but I am peaceful and content. No more shouting! No more egg shells! No more drama! And I don’t miss all that!! X

Happiermex
      Participant

Couldn’t agree more! I forget to appreciate how calm and easy going I am now sometimes I have to remind myself to sit and take a breath and take a moment to be happy with where I’m at.. here’s to the future! X

HunkyDory
      Participant

Well done and how lovely to read! So glad you are finding yourself again. It’s a fabulous feeling. The sadness is still around for me some days but I’d never ever go back to the half life I had before.

Enjoy 💞💕

Happiermex
      Participant

Same here, I have days where I miss the companionship but you must always remember you will love again and I just pray that I make better choices because the person I loved and still love hurt me badly. And that is not love that isn’t respect so love isn’t enough. We are on the right path to happiness instead of stuck in a rut. Keep moving forward day by day! Your future self w thank you x

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hello Happiermex, if your still reading this thread? I’m hoping your doing well, and your days continue to be positive. I am a newbie here and still in it! But really connect with what you said here in your last post. Thankyou for that x Happy Days 💞

Happiermex
      Participant

Hi I am still having some good days but I think where I concentrated on getting a new job I re decorated my home and kept busy with material things now I have nothing to do the bad days creep in.. not so much for him I can look at his face on other peoples pics as he’s blocked from everything and not feel anything for him. I think it’s more my mind calming and fighting the bad things that happens and trying to remember I’m not what he said I was… but what ever your situation your doing great and there is always light at the end of the tunnel.. there’s always someone else who can love you when the times right… we got this! I’d rather cry and be hurt than be the one making some that loves me cry and breaking them down.. they can’t fix that but we can fix us! Xx

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hope you Keep smiling, moving forward and looking after yourself on off days, comforted by support when needed 💞

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content