Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

I use to post a lot but recently the negativity of my situation has really got to me with all that I have lost. But I this morning I look at what I lost and what I have gained, and though my life is hard at the moment it is better than it was and I would like to share with you.

I have lost my children because of him (as they wont speak to me I am unable to put it right, sad to say they are use to being abusive to me), but I have my sibling, partner and family back.

I have a better job, which he would not have been happy about, though hard and not always enjoyable it gives me the option to be able to move forward. (recently it came out my home situation and they were supportive and didn’t have that look of shock on their face)

I have lost a few so called friends (these were never friends), I have made new friends, some know a bit about my past others don’t.

I was never aloud to choose what I was going to eat, and if I did it made such problems I stopped. Now I cook and choose what I eat when I go out.

Though he never stop me going out, he made it very difficult, I know go out doing various activities.

Instead of always being debt I am now in credit.

When I use to look at the house with dread before I walk in at the end of the day I never knew what I was going to get, now though he’s there he can’t be out and out abusive.

I know one day I won’t be in the same house as him as I will free of him.

Sometimes I forget how far I have come. Here’s to use all having an abuse free future.

FS

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Thank you for sharing, Falling Skys.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Serenity
      Participant

Wow, Falling Skys.

I am so glad that you can see the light as you’re edging towards the end of the tunnel!

You’ve really described effectively the feeling of strength and freedom that does develop as you start to get yourself back, once you’ve made moves to separate from your abuser.

Xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you Lisa and Serenity

Day at a time.

FS x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content