Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Thistle06
      Participant

I did it i left ,told him (detail removed by moderator) before I went with the kids. Hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. He hasn’t spoken to the kids since u went they get one goodnight message. But despite the guilt and the tears I feel so much lighter. My kids were used to only having one parent so although the house has changed they still get the same mum only one who feels lighter . It took me (detail removed by moderator) to leave my ex. So guilty did I feel about breaking up the family but after (detail removed by moderator) of relentless control and gaslighting sustained pressure to break me I know I did the right thing. Its going to get difficult but I know I’m going to make it. I slept for (detail removed by moderator) on a sofa bed with two children after he accused me of abusing them. Not once did he care. Since I left yhe kids have had one message everyday which says good night. The night before i left he asked me if I’d taken one of his (detail removed by moderator). And where I got my money from. Nothing about childcare, nothing to them to reassure them he loved them. This is why I know it was the right thing to do i don’t know who I am after (detail removed by moderator) with him but I know I’ve got a chance now to find her again

Anonymous
      Inactive

This just makes me smile so big! Sooo glad for you!! Wow! You did it! And you feel good about it, you see how it was never going to work out and how self centered he is. It’s all about him and always will be. You look inside them and there’s just this void, a big black hole and we keep trying to make sense of it, comparing them to us and all that but there is no comparison really. They are totally different. You’re a bunny and they are an alligator. We can’t squint or use magical thinking to make it something other than what it really is. We can try but that’s life wasted. Glad you are not wasting yours anymore!! Yes, you go find her! She’s got on her happy feet, can see that clearly from here!! XX

Eggshells
      Participant

Fantastic news. Well done. It’s so good to hear that you are free to begin to find you again. Yes there will be hard times but there will also be good times and a whole new happy you. xx

Beautifulday
      Participant

Well Done!!! I am so pleased for you ! Xx

iliketea
      Participant

WELL DONE!!! Amazing. “Lighter” I love that description and hoping to feel it soon myself. X*x

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Well done Thistle06 – 💕💕💕

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

Well Done Thistle06! Great news. Really Great News.
      Another one free, the weight has been lifted- welcome to the other side!
      Breath now, catch your breath.
      We’re here, we’re all here for you in the journey ahead to recovery. xx

Lifebegins
      Participant

Fab news! Xxxx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content