Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      teatime
      Participant

I have to admit I am often very grumpy. I have a chronic painful health condition,menopause do not know how long I can stay in my home…. I survived two abusive relationships. i still trusted people after the first one. Not very much after the second relationship… I was very frightened of both of them.
      Last year a man I was very fond of suddenly died. I really miss him.
      I feel like I have totally missed out on life and am too old to have any more relationships.
      I just have a platonic male friend and he is very kind but we have no sexual relationship because I do not feel like that about him,( he can be a bit of a baby).

I am very grumpy and I can be bad tempered and then I hate myself because I hate bad tempered people.
      Yesterday I stuck my tongue out at a woman who kept tooting me when I was driving. She stopped her car to scare me so I turned round.I was scared after so I was b****y furious with myself.
      I know full well you shouldn’t be antagonistic. What the hell is wrong with me?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Teatime,

Its understandable you feel that way after the experiences you have had. You are only human and we are allowed our off days!

It sounds like the woman in the car was being very antagonistic towards you.

Best Wishes,

Lisa

existorlive
      Participant

Being angry and grumpy is OK. If it dosn’t hurt other people. Anger is a way of telling you something is wrong and needs to be acknowledged. You have every reason to feel anger, hurt and dissapointment with people who have invalidated, hurt and dissapointed you.

Don’t be so hard on yourself! We are human and will react in an emotional way. You are trying to become more balanced, so am I, but don’t to expect to be perfect…ever! Allow your self to fail…it’s a step towards self love. Peace x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content