Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      unsinkableunicorn
      Participant

i feel so guilty every time my dad does a nice thing for me. it feels like im just making up the years of abuse because of one nice action. i feel so guilty and am struggling to accept that what he did was wrong.i feel like a bad person for recognising that there is a problem.

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel,
      Guilt is a natural feeling and you are aloud to feel this, but then let is go as otherwise it will hold you back and it will not serve your higher good.
      The sheer nature of abuse is the cycles that are always pulling us back and making us think it is our fault when it is clearly not, especially if this is something that you have experienced as a child. You have no power as a child or the ability to change things and it was extremely wrong for your Dad to take advantage of this.
      However you have power now and the chance for a new life, so start focusing on that, that is the life you deserve.
      Don’t just except the few crumbs you Dad is giving you now, he probably realise he is losing his control and will do all he can to claw it back and ‘trap’ you again.
      Do some research on the cycle of abuse, this will help you understand what is actually happening and give you more power. At the moment you are letting guilt lead the way and control you and this is not what actually is going on.
      Guilt has a way of blaming us and telling us we are wrong.
      My angel strap those wings on and get ready to fly… this is your time
      I believe you have got this
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content