Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Session told my counsellor that I had been seeing someone else but told her about his behaviours she said in a way it has been a good thing because straight away I’ve picked up on red flags. I told her about me with my driving and how I’m only comfortable going to certain places and how this is really affecting me as inthink I’m completely going mad. She said no you are not it’s my way of dealing with the trauma I’m wanting to stay safe which is understandable but if I can just edge that but more out if possible. She said unless there treating you like a queen there not worth it xx

Tuppance
      Participant

Your counsellor sounds very supportive. That’s great for your healing. Xxxx

Serenity
      Participant

She’s right on two counts, I think.

You are able to pick up on red flags early on. You’re much wiser now.

Also, she’s right to say it’s natural to feel panicky about going out of your comfort zone, but what I have found is if I push myself that little bit past my comfort zone once in a while, and brave the discomfort, these situations represent small victories. It’s only by ‘feeling the fear and doing it anyway’ that we end up regaining strength.

Of course, there’s a time for everything- being brave, laughing, resting, taking it easy..

Savingmyself
      Participant

Hey BD
      So true the being treated like a queen or its not worth it đź‘‘
      Let’s fix our crowns back on straight yay
      We are all Queens đź‘‘
      Big hugs x*x

betterdays
      Participant

Thanks guys for your feedback. I couldn’t ever go back to the life again never…..f2f

betterdays
      Participant

I meant xxxx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content