Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sadie
      Participant

Hi all
      (detail removed by Moderator) ago I told my H that the last episode of explosive aggression was the last. Was 6 hours away from visiting a solicitor (that he didn’t know). Said he didn’t want to lose me.
      (detail removed by Moderator) ago he had his hands around my throat. Not squeezing, but still. After threatening me with a screwdriver. Over nothing in particular. In fact I think that he invented the final straw that night – blamed me something he had broken.
      My daughter can’t believe that I gave him the chance last time.
      Been looking at this site and lots of the ‘abuse’ boxes are being ticked. Never actually hurt me but has frightened me and can be controlling. Also have long periods where everything is ‘ok’.
      I have confided at work and am being told to go home and just tell him that I don’t want to be married to him anymore.

Ayanna
      Participant

Good that you post here.
      Be aware that abusers get worse, even much more dangerous when the victim wants to get out.
      Did you speak to Women’s Aid?
      Do you have somewhere to go to, a friend or relative?
      You might be better off going into a refuge and divorce him whilst you are in a safe place.
      I think you should also let the police know what he did.
      He is dangerous. Threats can turn into actions.
      If you feel threatened do not hesitate to ring 999.
      Your life is precious and you should never feel scared whilst in a relationship.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘had last chance’ is closed to new replies.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content