Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

I hope you can all indulge yourself a little bit.

I was thinking how bad it is that, not only are abusers unable to love you but pretend that they are at the beginning, but they actually hate you doing things to love yourself and make yourself happy.

Well, you don’t need their approval or permission to do this.

I hope you will all buy yourself an egg or some other treat today. Why not buy the biggest hot chocolate with marshmallows and sprinkles you can find – spoil that inner child!

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Happy Easter Serenity. I have you are having a wonderfully indulgent day.

Best wishes

Lisa

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Serenity

Happy Easter to you too 🙂

I have had to spend the weekend going though his financial document, surprisingly not declared it all, but he has had his dividends paid into his account…. Also other things but you have to laugh…. But sent if off now 🙂

I had a good work out in the gym and seeing a friend tomorrow 🙂

Can’t believe I’ve been on the road to Freedom for over twelve months hopefully next year I will have my own place.

FS xx

katielove
      Participant

Hi Serenity,

I hope you had a great day. I ate loads of chocolate and ensured my son had a good time. As time goes by my son and I are really starting to recover: I just have a horrible trial to get through…

I cried when I thought about this time last year. It’s amazing what no contact (and bail conditions) can do!

Ayanna
      Participant

Happy Easter to you too! I worked and overindulged in chocolate easter eggs. I decorated my place with easter decoration, this is something that was unthinkable whilst living with the abuser. It is probably slightly overdone, but that is my freedom now. 🙂

Roar
      Participant

Happy Easter serenity. I was a bit lost yesterday .. as was working (removed by moderator) and missed my night out with my friends. And my family are abroad with my daughter ( lots I’m mind re work and not really been knuckling down to do anything constructive about it😏 But managing to indulge a bit with a cupa and some yummy choc buiscuits today …. Omnomnom Xx

SFHolding2
      Participant

A cinema trip with the kids. In over a decade I spent with my abuse I realised how deep the impact is on the children. I sat in the cinema and the children said that their Dad has never taken them to the cinema, not once. I looked around and there were plenty of men, fathers I assume. There was no excuse for it! There were even couples with their children….it was unheard of in our family!

Serenity
      Participant

Yup, Unity, mine was too much of a cheapskate to take mine to see a film either, plus I don’t think he liked us to enjoy ourselves.

As KIP says, good riddance to bad rubbish. He’s on his own now: let him steep in his own miserable juices!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content