Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedomfighter
      Participant

Sitting outside Neeo’s having a latte. I’m frozen but smiling! Hardly anyone around (just as I like it) the sun is shining and just sent my sister a text to explain my situation! I sense doubts and worries, but says she will support my decision. Being positive to stop her worrying has made me feel stronger. Going shopping when I’ve finished my latte. Wishing you all a great day

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Sounds wonderful Freedomfighter, I love solo cafe trips, I hope your latte was nice and that you find some hidden gems and bargains on your shopping trip, enjoy 🙂

Yellow Rose
      Participant

Stay strong and have a great day x

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Thanks sunshine,
      I’m new to solo things, I was always too afraid and self-conscious to go anywhere or do anything alone. When I first tried earlier this year I was pleased just to go in and order a takeaway coffee, after a while I thought well it’s no different to going in to buy a book. So I tried sitting down outside and having a cigarette with my latte. Took several visits before I finished my whole drink. Haven’t been for few months. Saving money, but I treated myself this am. I didn’t even feel edgy today. Making progress!!
      Thanks Yellow rose, I am having a pretty good day. Feels good I’ve had a pretty rough week, so it feels even better. Hope you’re both having a great day too.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content