Inactive

Good morning survivors

Happy happy valentine’s day

Hope you all love yourself today because we are worth it

Love iamfree xxxxxx

Jupiter
      Participant

Hi Iamfree

Thank you for a lovely start to the day! It is really great to have “sisters” around who are on your side so Happy Valentines Day to you as well! I hope you and the others give themselves a treat today….

Jupiter X X

Serenity
      Participant

Happy Valentine’s Day to all!

Use this day to do something to spoil yourself. See how good it makes you feel!

๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒทโ˜•๏ธ๐Ÿ›€๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘—๐Ÿซ

White Rose
      Participant

I’m celebrating my freedom!
      He never did Valentine’s unless it was a scrappy left over last minute card from supermarket and some reduced flowers – one year they were so frost damaged they almost “melted” in the vase!
      Happy 14th February everyone xx

Serenity
      Participant

Oh White Rose that’s so spot on.

My ex grudgingly gave me either dead or cheap flowers about twice in as many decades.

His ex employee even told me that he felt sorry for me, as he’d ask my ex to stop off on the way home ( they shared a lift) so he could buy his girlfriend flowers, and whilst his employee bought lovely ones, my ex either refused to buy any or bought me the cheapest ones- or as you say, reduced. His employee said his level of meanness was embarrassing.

That’s about as much as they are worth to us now!

SaharaD
      Participant

Happy Valentine’s to you too, IAF.

Not been on for a while. I will love myself today regardless of romantic relationships. I have bought myself one of the supermarket deals (with steak) and a ยฃ20 bouquet of flowers. So far the day has been lovely.

I went to physiotherapy and then calmly walked around the supermarket.

I also want to go to the gym but no pressure if I don’t go.

Love yourself ladies

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ive just bought my dog my carer a huge bone . Ive treated myself to a huge bar of chocolate. Not good for my cholesterol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Awww ladies I love this thread I only wished I read it before! I’ve been up and down today as a date regarding our divorce has passed and it’s very much nearly over but I’ve let my body rest I’ve ripped up photos of him threw some of his rubbish away and trying to start a new chapter. These pathetic excuses of men are not worth it and are not deserving of us! I did a lovely face mask earlier and just trying to take each minute as it comes. It’s all part of the healing process we have and will be happy. We are so brave and strong I am proud of us all xxxx

WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

It would be a feast or famine with my ex; I’d either get nothing or there’d be flowers delivered to work in front of the whole office so he looked like some kind of wonder-husband. Of course the latter came with certain expectations of ‘rewards’. Blergh!

LOL that made me laugh lol! They are so vile!

SaharaD
      Participant

Loving me continues. I’ve got a hair mask/masque on. Lol! Maybe I should slap on a face mask too.

Serenity
      Participant

My ex made grand gestures of generosity to me- if family or friends were about.

If they weren’t, I was told off for even using up water to have a bath.

It astounds me how they could be so
      arrogant as to assume that we would suffer in silence and never retaliate?

Well ladies, after weeks of eating salads and raw vegetables in an effort to get slim, I have had a lovely day of coffee and cake at a cafe, wine and crisps- indulgences I forbid myself as of late.

X*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Happy Valentines to you all too, I’ve had a busy day a work, one of the ladies bought us all cakes, went out with a friend for coffee, bought myself my favourite dinner and got some flowers.

It so good not living the lie of a relationship.

FS xx

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Such a relief not to play fake happy families today. To spend time trying to find a present (the ones he unsubtly hinted for were always expensive) and then to be discreetly told that my present was rubbish anyway.

Here’s to freedom!

I absolutely love this thread ladies ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. Let’s raise a toast to freedom and a life we deserve! Xxxx

Ayanna
      Participant

I worked and it passed.
      Self love day should be every day.
      Life is so much better without (detail removed by Moderator).
      Never again.
      Freedom forever!
      Woman power!
      Matriarchy!
      Trample the patriarchy!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ยฉ 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England โ€“ Womenโ€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenโ€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions โ”‚ Privacy & cookie policy โ”‚ Site map โ”‚ Protect yourself onlineโ”‚ Mediaย โ”‚ย Jobs โ”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content