Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      IndecisiveGirl
      Participant

I’ve had a particularly bad one today. I’ve been emotional and missing him as I have been since leaving but today has been particularly bad.
      He changed his social media status from engaged to single, and I saw he’d been out last night, so it just sort of hurt to know it’s really over.
      He still hasn’t even asked how our little baby is, which upsets me. I send him photos everyday. He obviously hasn’t been sharing that with his family because his mum tried to publicly humiliate me asking for photos to see the baby growing up.
      It makes me mad that I hurt so much for him when he did so many bad things to me. But I still love him so much.
      I also still keep thinking I’m crazy and that it’s all my fault and wondering if it was abuse at all:/
      I just feel so broken.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, you’re grieving for your hopes of a good future and relationship and that will take time. It’s important that you go zero contact and stop looking at social media. It would be good to come off social media all together for quite some time. It will make healing easier and quicker. He is not your responsibility and neither is his family. Stop contacting him. It’s upto him if he wants to be part of his child’s future and there are things he needs to do this to facilitate this. He doesn’t care about your child and he’s using this indifference to hurt you and will continue to do so. I will be honest and say the less he has to do with your child, the better their life will be. Just concentrate on you and your recovery. His behaviour just confirms the abuser he is. You deserve better.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content