Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Confused123
      Participant

so hard watching my teen son waste his life away by not doing nothin, have tooken all privileages away but he still doesnt care,is determined to go back to old home town and start life on his own,i dont mind but said u have to get a job and earn money before u go to support yourself, he just expects me to fund his accomodation,said its not going to happen , will support emotionally and said i cant stop him but wont fund him , think he has depression but refuses to register with gp . how can u help them if they don’t take the help, am having to just watch as everyday he sleeps during day and in eve and night will chat with friends, having to stay so calm as he chats with his dad on phone,

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Hi Confused123 – well I can sympathise with you on this one!!!

My Parents night post said how bad things were at school and how worried I was for his future…..

It is very hard watching them throw awsy their future because they won’t work, and won’t even try to get their exams.

Mine is the same take away all the privileges and he doesn’t care….

Yes I have told mine too that if he is determined to leave school, then he will have to get a job – I’m not funding his lifestyle, while he sits on Xbox all night and sleeps all day!!!!

But that’s teenage boys for you!!!! Not easy is it!!!!

Sending you a cuddle and my sympathies too. X

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content