This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Borntobefree 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author
     thepoppygirl 
    Participant

I know I was abused as a child. I remember some bits but not others and I’m confused.
    I also remembered some sexual abuse, the thing is it came to my memory in bits overtime. It took me maybe about 3 years to remember the little information that I remember now. Did this happen to anyone else?

maddog 
    Participant

We forget things to protect ourselves. I think we carry the memories in our bodies. Have you seen the NAPAC website?

It is so important to understand that the traumas we have experienced were absolutely not our fault. I wasn’t sexually abused but I was bullied relentlessly and beaten up. Terrible things happened to my family long before this so even before I could speak I understood that I was unwanted, unwantable and worthless. I know now that my understanding was wrong. The first half of my life is a kind of fog.

thepoppygirl 
      Participant

I’ll have a look thank you. My abuse was mainly psychological with elements of physical and sexual abuse.
      I have just read an old diary I had as a child and there was so much anger in there and I felt ever so unloved as a child, based on what I wrote. The woman I am now, I see it from a different perspective and I feel sad for the child I was when I wrote all these stuff. I’m sorry about what happened to you, are you dealing with the effects of the trauma okay now?

Borntobefree 
    Participant

Hi
    So sorry you having flashbacks
    I was abused as a child I can remember most of it. But most of my childhood after that is a blur to me. It has a serious effect on my life!
    Here if you need to talk X

thepoppygirl 
      Participant

How are you dealing with the effects its had on you? I remember a lot of the things but the sexual elements are rather disjointed and I think they triggered by certain things. I also struggle to remember happy moments too.

Borntobefree 
    Participant

Hi
    I was doing great until I met my ex
    He brought all my childhood abuse back in emotional abuse.. He also used paedophile tactics on me
    Made me very very sick.. Its been quit a while since I left him the mental scars remain now. I am in a better place now but still got a long way to go. Iam lucky in a way because my first abuser did time!! I never got help nor support till I left my ex.. Best desicion ever.. I will never trust another man again

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EXIT SITE

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account