Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

I listen to one called Real Crime Profile which features two main speakers who are both criminal behavioural analysts. Laura Richards worked at New Scotland Yard and the FBI and was a founder of Paladin the national stalking victim service.

Anyway, I first started listening as it featured TV programs I’d been watching: Making a Murderer and The People vs OJ Simpson. Then they discussed the murder of Reeva Steenkamp and JonBenet Ramsey. They do touch on domestic abuse and stalking more through each episode. Did you ever feel like you could really relate to people from the TV/radio because in parts it felt like they were talking directly to me. Opening my eyes to abuse and what it looks like.

In this week’s episode Zoe Dronfield bravely told her story. She was beaten by her ex and left for dead but she survived. She’s now a voice for survivors and is an inspiration.

So, if you have a spare 45 mins please do listen to her story. I had tears in my eyes as she’s been to hell and back but what an amazing lady.

Thanks, i will have a look at that. I find it helpful to watch such things too, it helps me to understand what sort of person I was dealing with. One film that I have watched recently was called My Friend Rockefeller, it was about a conman which I beleive my ex was. X*X

KIP.
      Participant

Just had a quick look. Zoe Dronfields boyfriend said she fell 15 times onto the knife! These idiots are all the same. My ex came up with a ridiculous defence too.

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Crazy isn’t it. I’m learning so much about this whole subject and wish the “professionals” knew as much as we do!

Today’s episode discusses Meredith Kercher. 😢

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content