Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi, I’ve been strong and copying for a while and the last couple of days I can’t copy. Not really sure where to start but here is the two main things.

1, I was seeing someone before COVID, then during the lock down he ghosted it me. Not the nicest of experiences but I got through it. I have some of his stuff in (detail removed by moderator). So on freedom day I email him to say that if he wanted his stuff to contact me or I would dispose of it after seven days (brave or what) Within hours he replied thank me and he is coming to collect them. I feel totally gutted, he even asked how I was.

2. My estranged daughter (she has ignored me for (detail removed by moderator)) started to message me. The reason is she and family are (detail removed by moderator) and wondered if I new anywhere. I don’t, but she has continue to chat with me. She has asked once she is settled for us to meet if I want to. I have said yes, but I don’t think I could copy with being ostracised again. (in the mix her husband is an n********t and I do think I could cope being in his presence).

So I’m tearful and not in a good place.

FS 🙁

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Falling Skys,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having such a tough time, it sounds like there is a lot going on for you right now.

New relationships can be so difficult after experiencing abuse. I imagine it’s been hard to put yourself out there and there must be a lot of feelings tied into being ignored or dismissed by this person.

Your daughter reaching out sounds like a very emotional experience, I imagine this has bought up some difficult memories and feelings also.

Thank you for sharing what you are going through, I hope you are able to look after yourself through this.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content