Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

For decades, my ex was controlling aggressive and violent. There were times when I was utterly distraught at the treatment I recieved.

However, I’ve reached a stage in my recovery where I see so clearly, that he chose to behave this way to make himself feel superior, when actually underneath it all he was weak and pathetic.

So, as part of processing what happened (and because I’ve got so much material, lol) I’ve started creating artwork and poetry which basically takes the p*** out of him and his actions. If you do feel ready to do this I’d recommend having a go. I’m no expert, but here’s a verse from a poem called Mr Angry, which I’m still working on:

I looked for your emotions
      But you only got annoyed
      Reminds me of that book you bought…
      Oh yeah, ‘Into the Void’

I haven’t written much online here but I often read the comments which are so supportive, so I am grateful for all of you who do – you’re amazing!!!

Strongenough
      Participant

Good on you! It’s so great to hear of others positive moments. I’m probably around the same stage of recovery as you. In my mind I have given my ex a few nicknames of tv or fictional characters 😁. This makes me visualise him as the pathetic actor he is and not the big bullying tough guy he liked to portray, and have me fear.

Thanks for posting ❤

Watersprite
      Participant

Thank you so much for posting my situation similar I needed this today had the worst nightmare I’ve woken terrified. Youve reminded me how weak they are and how strong we have risen. Laughter so helpful – Thank you for posting look forwards to hearing the rest of the poem ❤️

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content