Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Supersad
      Participant

He hit me again I was holding my baby daughter and and nearly due my next baby.

I was feeding her milk

I can’t cope anymore

KIP.
      Participant

Please ring 999 and report this and let them help you to a safe place or remove him. It’s such a dangerous and despicable thing to do.

KIP.
      Participant

It’s also child abuse. The police can help signpost you to organisations that can help you. There are new laws for removing abusers too but I’d ring 999 right away x are you safe?

KIP.
      Participant

It’s hard to think of something more cowardly. He needs to be removed and kept away from you all. None of this is your fault. There is help if you could just reach out. Victim support have a helpline. But my advice is to ring the police and get yourself safe and your children safe x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Supersad,

It’s very concerning to hear how your partner puts you and your young daughter risk.
      As other’s expressed, you can certainly call 999 and have the police come straight out, with your bags packed and ready to leave with them when they arrive. You can begin to make calls for alternative, safe accommodation from the safety of the police station. If you have any family or friends that you can go to alternatively, this is a good option too.
      You’ve mentioned Social Services before and not feeling able to tell them what is happening, but as he is clearly a danger to both you and your child, it’s best to demonstrate to them you – as the non-abusive parent – are doing all you can to ensure the safety of your child. They will work with you on this.
      You can call your local domestic abuse service for support and advocacy as well. Tell them all that is happening and they will understand they need to prioritise you and your daughter’s safety. They can liaise with the police and Social Services if need be. They can help secure a refuge space as well. There is also the 24hr National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247 you can call at any time for support and even an emergency, out of hours refuge space. You can find information on how to stay safe while planning to leave here.
      Please do not remain isolated in all this. It’s important you get the help you need. If you want to email me privately for more support around this, please do.
      Meantime, keep safe and post when you are safe and able to let us know how you are.

Lisa

ladiesand gentlemen
      Participant

DISGUSTING behaviour !!!!!!!
      PLEASE take all the advice from these ladies, he doesn’t deserve you or the children.
      Keep in touch and talk to Lisa one to one, she is amazing x*x
      Stay safe and your little ones too
      Could you family help ? they will be glad you have reached out to them
      Love and support from an older lady with a grown up daughter x*x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content