Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Mommabear
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a positive story. I have posted on here several times and have had fantastic support from both this group and Women’s Aid themselves. After (detail removed by moderator) years of patience, tears, grit, determination, he’s finally left.

I have been blessed with some luck (a criminal offence and a friend’s house becoming free) BUT I just wanted to share my story. There’s an awful long way to go and we have yet to sort out the financials and he still continues to try and control me BUT i am free and I feel better that I have done in years.

Keep fighting ladies, I have found strength I never knew I had.

WA, this group, friends and family have been such an immense source of support for me. Opening up was the best thing I did.

Thank you to anyone who responded to my posts

Lots and lots of love Mommabear xxxxx

KIP.
      Participant

How wonderful for you. It will feel very strange for a while but enjoy the peace and quiet. No more walking on eggshells. Change the locks if you can and try to get someone else to deal with him. If you must communicate don’t let him come to the home. Get a cheap mobile and use texts so he can’t write essays of abuse. The world is open to you now, it’s can be scary but what adventures we can have when we are free😃

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Mommabear,oh I’m so pleased fir you. Many of the ladies who were on when I first came on and some afterwards, have all managed to get away too. It’s a confusing time but if it’s at ALL possible have absolutely nothing to do with him. At the end of the day there’s no right or wrong way to leave, we do what’s right for us. Enjoy the peace end quiet, just being able to do anything without someone complaining, not having to worry about what mood they’ll be in, is such an amazing feeling. You’ll have ups and downs, but the fear of them subsides even if it doesn’t truly go away. Good luck and best wishes to you.
      IWMB 💞💞

Hetty
      Participant

So pleased for you. ❤️

Alittlelost
      Participant

Im so pleased for you too.

Escapee
      Participant

That’s such good news 😁….. remember, lots of self care and spoiling yourself! X*x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content