Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      SoundingElement
      Participant

He created a new Facebook profile just to send me message requests. As well as another email which was frightenly ambiguous saying we need to talk otherwise it is going to be way worse than it needs to be. Trust him for once. Whatever that means.

Obviously I’ve not replied. Last time I did it was to say stop messaging me just over (detail removed by Moderator) ago. Its been just over (detail removed by Moderator) since we broke up, so it’s still early days. I am just a bit scared by his message.

He doesn’t know where I am though. I am just paranoid and have had a bad day 🙁

KIP.
      Participant

Please ring the helpline on here or the Domestic Abuse police on 101 for advice x

SoundingElement
      Participant

Thanks KIP x

White Rose
      Participant

It probably sounds ambiguous because it is – thats how he wrote it to unsettle you. Mine was an expert at this and it’s so easy to reply to find out what he means – he probably hasn’t even thought beyond this statement. He’d do that when he got your reply and simply say something else equally ambiguous and upsetting.
      You are right not to reply – that’s what he wants but all it will achieve is an opportunity for ongoing abuse. No contact is really important.
      KIP is right about reporting to the police. They may “dismiss it” as it may be taken in isolation and not in the context of previous abuse, but at least you’ve logged it.
      Keep your barriers up. Take care xx

starryeyed
      Participant

It sounds like he is trying contact from all sides. I’ve temporarily disabled Facebook recently to stop contact – I don’t know if this is something you want or are able to try. Maybe you could change your email address too?

It’s exhausting for you to have to see and read and hear him on so many forms of communication, when it seems you have tried to prevent him from contacting you. He isn’t respecting your boundaries or wishes. Definitely log to the police if you can.

It’s horrible when a mode of contact triggers 🙁 Take care of yourself x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content