Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rising Tide
      Participant

My partner has been out of the house for about (detail removed by Moderator) months. I’m just noticing how quickly my rewards points are adding up when grocery shopping. For years I thought that I hadn’t registered my account correctly because I barely had any reward points, but it was such a small point I never looked into it. Now that he’s gone I see he was using the reward points for discounts even though I’m the one who did the weekly shop for years. That he would take something so small from me hurts so much. That he used the rewards points to buy the junk food I purposely didn’t buy because I didn’t want it in the house is just so petty and so undermining it’s turning my stomach tonight.

KIP.
      Participant

My partner has been out of the house for about (detail removed by Moderator) months.

That’s the sentence you need to concentrate on. There may be things you find out about your partner that will shock you to the core. They simply were not the person they pretended to be. I’m sure you’ve seen the most horrific side of them. Things like this may seem small in the bigger picture but no doubt is triggering. When you think about the abuse they perpetrated, it isn’t a surprise to me the abuse starts at such a seemingly petty level. It’s simply who they are, not who you are. For months and even years I was discovering betrayals of all sizes. You get used to it and eventually it won’t have th same effect. It just goes to confirm you made the right decision (detail removed by Moderator) months ago. Power to you x

Rising Tide
      Participant

Thank you. That was the balm I needed on a painful realization. You’re totally right that seeing the depths of how petty he was is yet another reminder I was right to end the relationship. And it will be a reminder going forward to never re-open the relationship because I would never date someone who did that, I wouldn’t be friends with someone who did that, let alone be married to someone like that.

KIP.
      Participant

Good for you. You deserve better 💕 Good riddance to bad rubbish x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content