Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

He has been locked in his x room all day, curtains shut, no sign of life…not the first time. It’s always like that.
      All day…the kids are with me. The male role model gentleman from x Domestic Abuse Services came to walk with my son, I felt like asking him to show me what is it like to be a normal man…i obviously didn’t.
      I heard so much rubbish this morning…projection. I have even been told I am damaged goods from my childhood…and so much worse stuff…it’s incredible to hear it all.
      I sometimes wonder if we will one day find him dead in his x room…hung, overdosed on sleeping tablets, who knows, sometimes he comes out sounding slurred in his speech…
      I have to stay strong and detached but I worry one day it may happen. I do check when he is all locked in his room. But today the kids told me he has not even come out for a wee…

Serenity
      Participant

So sorry that you have to live in such an environment, Bridget. You’re doing so well to keep being courageous.

It is worrying, but no one can get help for him but himself. He needs to want to be helped and to want to face his demons. And he is responsible for himself- it’s not your job to drag him out of this. If someone doesn’t want robe helped, all others’ efforts are wasted. .đź’›

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content