Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bluebells
      Participant

Hi Im new here too. Somedays I think im doing the right thing then other times I think its my fault. My husband has never hit me. He pushed furniture about in earlier days when alcohol was invloved. He doesnt drink at all now but smokes cannabis. The thing is when he has a smoke he is nice….its when its wearing off his moods are awful. Ive tried to get him to quit but Im worried at the same time that it would be awful if he didnt. He falls asleep everynight on the couch. One of my children has special needs and wakes alot and he gets angry if hes woken up. We had a bit of an argument earlier and he shouted what have I married…ugly’ at me in front of the kids. We went out for a few hours then just drove now Im back and hes playing away eith them. Im scared to go incase I cant cope but I dont want my kids to think this is what a family shoukd be like.

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Hiya, I’m new too! Welcome

I’m sorry that life is being so tough right now for you. His behaviour is unacceptable and no it isn’t your fault! His responsible for his actions and words.

Trying to portray a normal life is hard under these circumstances.

I’m worried that although his not violent at the moment things might escalate for you. Drug use makes people unpredictable so please be careful.

Stay in touch and stay safe.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content