This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  HopefulPretzel 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author
     HopefulPretzel 
    Participant

So glad to have found this site. I am now estranged from my family and in-laws – everyone is toxic. It took decades for me to finally realise. Unfortunately, friends have given up on me, as they can’t ‘deal’ with my situation. So it’s just me dealing with it all. No one to discuss anything with. Or even give me a hug when I need it. I am not long from retirement. I am very scared about the future. But I need to get out. I started a 12-month plan last month. Getting everything in order to escape. Thank you for reading. xx

KIP. 
    Participant

🤗 hello and welcome. It takes courage and determination to leave an abuser and you will find lots of support here x it’s good to get all your ducks in a row. Talk to your local women’s aid. They’re a wealth of knowledge x

LonelyAs 
    Participant

Hi, just wanted to say you are not alone. It took me almost (detail removed by moderator) to see what was happening. It can be hard for people to understand what they dont know. Its one of those things that only people who have been thru it can truely deep down understand. Thats why im here on this site. Im very lonely and anxious all the time. I also have no family. Hoping to find a way to open up and get some help.

Stay strong X

beachhut 
    Participant

Hello, sorry your having a rotten time, it is difficult to try to explain to people who have not been where we are just how we feel or what we are going through. I have not been on here long but find there is always a kind word or somebody to share with when I am having a rotten time.
    I to am of a certain age and have days when things can be overwhelming and I do not think I have it in me to move forward, but I will do my best to get there as will you.
    Take care of you and stay strong. beachhutXx

HopefulPretzel 
    Participant

Thank you, everyone. x*x

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EXIT SITE

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account