Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Abcxyzoyo
      Participant

Hi, I should’ve got help years ago but it’s so difficult to talk about things. I get very anxious and agitated, has anyone any advice on how to open up and process what has happened. Thank you

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, this forum is a good start. It’s anonymous so it gave me confidence to open up to begin with. Then there’s the national domestic abuse helpline which is 24/7. I spoke to my GP and was referred for therapy and began to confide in my friends and family. I found my local women’s aid who were fantastic. Full of lovely ladies who absolutely understood x

Abcxyzoyo
      Participant

Thank you for replying, it’s good to know I’m not alone x

gettingtired
      Participant

Hi, I’m the same as you. I get very anxious and snappy if I feel like my family are questioning or picking up on things (they dont know about the abuse). I wish I was more open but I guess it’s the shame attached to it all. Posting and reading on here helps to realise you’re not alone x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content